Exhanges & Returns
The Makers are happy to accept exchanges for the following scenarios:
- If returned in original, un-worn condition and packaging within 14 days of purchase
- Gifts that are not suitable can be exchanged within 14 days of purchase
- If a piece is being exchanged because it does not fit (for example: the incorrect ring size was provided) then there will be a cost to the customer for re-sizing and freight.
- All exchanges are subject to availability.
The Makers cannot accept exchanges or give refunds for:
- Bespoke commissions due to the individual nature of the work involved.
- Sale items
- Gift Cards (gift vouchers) for cash
- Goods that have been damaged by the customer. This includes damage caused by inadequate packaging upon their return.
The Makers will honour all purchases in line with the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act (1993). Consumer law in New Zealand does not require retailers to refund goods if customers change their minds.
If there is a manufacturing fault with our product or a cause to lay complaint then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our very best to remedy the situation.
For faults in manufacturing within (6 months of the purchase date) we will either:
- Create a new piece (and in the case of one-off pieces something similar will be negotiated)
- Repair the damaged piece, at our own expense
- Exchange the item for a similar piece of your choosing
- provide a refund for the full cost of the item, and the cost of return shipping.
The Makers will repair any manufacturing fault at no cost to the customer within 6 months of the purchase date. Proof of purchase is required.
Manufacturing faults do not include: chipped, cracked or broken gemstones, broken chains, general wear and tear including rings that have been bent out of shape or oxidised, plating that has worn off.
If any of the above repairs are required, The Makers can provide a quote. The Makers will also quote for any repairs that take place outside of the 6 month warranty period.
The customer understands that some repairs can involve an element of risk to the metal and/or stones and The Makers will not be held responsible for any unforeseen damage during the repairing process. However, all care and precautions will be taken on your behalf while your jewellery is being repaired.
Repairs may take up to 4 weeks to complete while The Makers wait for materials/supplies.
Other than where there is a fault with the goods themselves, the customer must take full responsibility for any postage costs incurred in returning goods to The Makers.
Please note that designs may vary slightly from those illustrated due to the handmade techniques applied to each piece. Please allow for these variations.
Any rings ordered that are smaller than J or larger than R ½ are considered a custom item and may incur a re-size fee.
Where individual ring orders have been made to a particular size outside of our standard ring sizes, these are non-returnable unless otherwise stated by The Makers.
Any claims for breakages, damaged goods or shortages must be made known within 3 days of receipt of delivery, and returned (or postmarked) within 7 days of the delivery date
The Makers must be contacted within 24 hours of the online purchase being made if the customer desires to change their order. Any changes after this time frame may incur extra charges.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging as this is considered part of the product. When packing items for return please place inside an extra box for protection and send via a trusted insured/tracked courier service.
We are a small and personal company of Jewellers. If you have reason to contact us with a complaint or are unsatisfied with your purchase please reach out to us at email@example.com so we can understand your position and try to make it right.
Exchanges and returning of goods (if applicable)
After making email contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the exchange or return of the item please send your item to: The Makers Jewellery Ltd, 65 Abel Smith St, Te Aro, WGN, Wellington 6011, New Zealand.
- The Makers own the copyright, intellectual property, and reproduction rights on all work purchased by the client.
- The laws of copyright protect all The Makers designs.
- Prices may fluctuate due to market forces (including but not limited to precious metal prices). The Makers reserve the right to alter prices periodically.